Aims and scope
The scope of UNEC Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (UNEC JEAS) comprises all engineering and applied sciences, as well as natural sciences involve theoretical, computational and experimental work. Papers should contain further developments and a proper discussion on the physics of experimental or theoretical results in one of the following areas:
- Advances in Applied Sciences
- Applied Engineering and Mathematics
- Automatic Control Systems
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electronic Communication Systems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Physics and Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Technology
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Mining and Minerals
- Natural Sciences (Physics, chemistry, biology etc)
Publication of the papers in UNEC Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences is fully free of charge and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Indexing and abstracting
UNEC Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences operates a double-blind peer-review system until the publication of papers. Submissions will be checked by the Executive / Managing Editor. If the Author Guidelines are not observed or major problems are noticed, the article will be immediately rejected and authors informed on the reasons. Articles that passed successfully this stage are reviewed by two reviewers strongly from the topic of the paper. If reviewers find or suspect the identity of authors, they must act regardless of the ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, religious beliefs or political orientation of the authors, or report to the Editor any potential conflict. If there are minor differences, the decision is taken by the Editor based on the importance of the submission, assessed in accordance with the Editorial Policy. If their opinions differ substantially, a third reviewer will be contacted. If the reviewers require revisions, authors must submit, in addition to the revised manuscript, an anonymous letter stating the changes performed or motivating the refusal to address them. In the next round, reviewers will be asked to assess whether their suggestions were properly addressed. Rejected submissions will not be returned to authors, but the authors will be informed on the editorial decision. For accepted papers included in an issue, reviewers are acknowledged collectively using their first initials and last names, except for those specifically stating that their names should not be disclosed. After acceptance, articles are checked for plagiarism using a specialized program.
Citing your article in UNEC-JEAS
Articles in UNEC Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal.
Article citations follow this format:
Authors. Title. UNEC J. Eng. Appl. Sci. [volume number] [year] [pages].
e.g. E.M. Huseynov, T.G. Naghiyev, A.A. Garibov, N.R. Abbasov, O.A. Samedov, R.C. Gasimov, M.A. Bayramov. EPR spectroscopy of neutron irradiated nanocrystalline boron nitride (h-BN) particles. Ceramics International 47(5) (2021) 7218-7223.
Authors of articles who published in UNEC Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.